Caregiving is absolutely a labor of love, one that can take a serious toll emotionally, physically and financially. If you know someone who is a caregiver, don’t hesitate to reach out! Send them your love and encouragement, because they deserve it and even a little support can go a long way in sustaining them.
We are happy to share the following information on some resources available to caregivers locally in Savannah, nationally and online::
The Edel Caregiver Institute
6000 Business Center Drive, Savannah, GA 31405
(912) 629.1331 | Offering innovative programs to help all non-professional caregivers learn how to best deal with caregiving challenges and needs, including, but not limited to the following: • Resource information and referrals to community services. • Caregiver follow-up support. • Caregiver support groups and individual consultations. • Restorative yoga classes for caregivers.
Georgia Department of Human Services:: Department of Aging Services
(800) 580-6860 | Assisting older individuals, at-risk adults, persons with disabilities, their families and caregivers to achieve safe, healthy, independent and self-reliant lives.
678.3359546 | Seniorlink’s SFC program supports caregivers by providing: • A tax-free financial stipend. • A professional care coach to help you understand your loved one’s condition. • Ongoing support including useful care tips and local resources.
The Caregiver Space
An online peer support community created and run by people who provide care.
Health in Aging
(800) 563-4916 | A trusted source for up-to-date information and advice on health and aging, created by the American Geriatrics Society’s Health in Aging Foundation.
Caregiver Action Network
(202) 454-3970 | Caregiver Action Network works to improve the quality of life for the more than 90 million Americans who care for loved ones with chronic conditions, disabilities, disease, or the frailties of old age. It is a non-profit organization providing education, peer support, and resources to family caregivers across the country free of charge.
(800) 677-1116 | A public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
Family Caregiver Alliance
(800) 445-8106 | Services include assessment, care planning, direct care skills, wellness programs, respite services, and legal/financial consultation vouchers.
(800) 633-4227 | The federal health insurance for anyone age 65 and older, and some people under 65 with certain disabilities or conditions.
National Alliance for Caregiving
(301) 718-8444 | A non-profit coalition of national organizations who share a vision of a society that values, supports and empowers family caregivers to thrive at home, work and life. Its mission is to build partnerships in research, advocacy, and innovation to make life better for family caregivers.